Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I realize I put my vents on my blog to decompress.

Well today I want to put some things that have made me smile the last few days...


Flowers

BEAUTIFUL flowers sent by my wonderful husband for NO REASON (yup, no birthday, anniversary etc...just an "I miss you" bouquet) .  And those pick lilies are to die for.  They smell so great.
Smart movies
I love movies that have great dialouge and not need the big budget special effects to draw me in.  I had a date with myself last Friday and went to Georgetown to see this movie.  I have no idea, but I started to swoon a little over Joseph Leonard Gordon-Levitt.  And the dance number to Hall and Oats "You Make My Dreams Come True"...classic :)
A Great Book
One of those books you can read in one day!  You hate and love the main characters. 
Home Projects Accomplished
I channeled my inner Bob Villa...and after 2 hours of swearing (I have no upper body strength to hold things up), getting shocked (yup, I'm the ding, dong that forgot to turn off the breaker thinking "Well, the switch is off and I'm not going to touch any wires"  WRONG)  and a couple trips to home depot (1930 home was not made for modern light fixtures)...I hung my first chandelier! 
Then I got cocky....and decided to go for the under the cabinet lights (the are wired not the plug in type)
These ugly, dirty, ANCIENT lights, were changed to new...non humming/blinking, energy efficient lights!
And may I add...I'm getting faster at changing out fixtures. 
Next up:  New entry light!



3 comments:

Jen E. said...

That's it!!! You are now officially Madeline "Bob Villa" Goins. Seriously. You hung a chandelier? Ok I would not know where to even begin. You rock!
p.s so want to see that movie! and..I may just have to check out the book you recommended.. I have not read a book in months, but I made a promise to read a few (or, at the very least one!) books while in Hawaii! We'll see!

Jen E. said...

p.s your hubby rocks. beautiful flowers for no reason at all huh? niceeee

Susan said...

Madeline, I seriously need your skills. I bought new sconces for our bathroom two years ago and they have yet to be properly installed. The original wiring in the house isn't sufficient to make the lights work and to me that is an insurmountable problem. I am also terrified of electrocuting myself. It's good to know you can survive the shocks. ;-) You really are amazing!