Wednesday, December 31, 2008

10 Goals for 2009

I know, I know. People always make lame attempts to do completely unaccomplishable (is tyhat a word?) lists of New Years Resolutions. A family example:  I will stop smoking (ummm you said that every New Years for the last 10 years).


Normally I don't even partake since I know I "might" stick to them a month. Here are some of my good old stand bys:

  • go to the gym (ummmm nope)
  • loose weight (we all know how good I was at that)
  • travel (does driving to Tenn. really constitute traveling?)
Do you see how vague my old resolutions were? I think that's why I never kept them. Cause technically I could go to the gym 1 time and I did my duty. I could loose 1 pound and I was done with that one. I could just go across state lines and that would mean I traveled.

So this year I have some detailed goals that I KNOW I can reach. And to show my commitment. It will be printed out on pretty paper and framed for all to see (picture to come).

In 2009 expect Madeline to:



  1. Loose the last 20 pounds by March 1st (and for those who asked/were still wondering. I am down 50 pounds from my highest weight. I am 148. And only 2 more percentage points until I am at "normal" body fat percentage and 2 more point until my BMI is normal. WOOHOO!! I'm still shocked I am throwing my weight out there...but it REALLY holds me accountable. And did I mention how I had to donate 3/4 my wardrobe to Goodwill already?? Glad I bought clothes that I "wanted to fit into" but never could.)
  2. IF you loose 20 by March 1st, you may pass go and directly book anniversary cruise the Mediterranean for April (yes, I am not above bribing myself haha)
  3. Take 1 bubble bath a week (cheesy, but sometimes I need some relax time)
  4. Take 1 yoga or Pilate's class a week (healthy mind and body is the concept I am going for in 2009)
  5. I will finally go visit my friends WITH GEOFF in Texas in Spring (been trying to do that one since 2003)
  6. Go back to California in spring for Colette's graduation (6.1) Will not be sad when I go back. Will be happy. Mom would have wanted it that way.
  7. Get my teaching credential (did I shock you? A lot of change over here. Will do an entire post about that after Jan.10th)
  8. Once a month, get in the garden and plant something new. Post what I plant (need the accountability)
  9. Volunteer once a month with any organization (Humane Society, homeless shelter, church etc)

BIG FINISH NOW........


10. Eat at least 5 meals at home a week. (this is going to be the HARDEST one by far)

Wishing everyone a Happy and Healthy 2009!!

1 comments:

leah @maritalbless said...

Wow. I think you're onto something with being specific! I can't wait to hear/see about your progress on those goals!