It's been 1 month of eating out everyday, every meal. I month of feeling like a prisoner in my own home while strange men ask to use the bathroom (thank you Clorox wipes).
Yesterday they finally put down the tile...and all appliances will be in by next week. Thank GOD! I never want to do a renovation again....ever...ever...ever. Yet the dr. says I need to take baths in a soaking tub. Our master bath has no tub...hmmm.
On a side note, I have talked Geoff of not only not finishing the 3rd floor attic until the air conditioning unit busts up there...which could be 3 years or so (dunno how I managed that. I think it was Jedi mind tricks. Or just the fact that we hate living in a construction zone. Or that sanity prevailed and he realized 2 people do not need 3,700 square feet to live in 3,300 is just fine) We will use that foam insulation up in the attic for now, and we might sheet rock it to make it more energy efficient.
Here are some pictures of what some would call progress...I just call it plain teasing the owner.
This is Before with no island
After with island (the drawers are scattered everywhere since there are wires no one knows how to connect!)
The new tile!! Anything is better than red stick on tile!!!
2 comments:
Hi Madeline! It's so great to hear from you. I LOVE your house. Your kitchen looks like it's going to be awesome!
omg i am in love with your kitchen already..looks like it is coming right along (but yet not soon enough,right?)
Post a Comment